Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Web 2.0

The way I look at it is that the Web itself has always been able to do the functions of "Web 2.0." People have just started to produce programs, templates, and web sites that make it seem like a new version of the Web. I have never blogged or wikied before this class, just never had the interest in it. And after doing these things I still don't like it. I do think that it is a great way for people to communicate and discuss things that they have a common interest in. I have not had any classes online so when it comes to using Web 2.0 for learning I cant say that I like or dislike it, but next quarter I will find out. I have used sites that use Web 2.0 processes but I did not interact with the site itself, just gathered the information I needed and went on tho the next site.
So as for Web 2.0 helping me learn, no not yet but I am sure that will change next quarter.

2 comments:

Thomas Davis said...

Commenting on this:

"I have never blogged or wikied before this class, just never had the interest in it. And after doing these things I still don't like it."

I'm right there with you...sort of. I'm amazed by the idea, but I somehow still feel like an observer. The kid silently watching by the sidelines. And why? I think I haven't felt the need. I believe my social interactions in the physical world, the distance I travel perhaps, and my job keep me from exploring Web 2.0 like wikis and blogs because, quite frankly, they're somewhat pointless. Ancillary. Distracting. Hobbies. Time killers. And unless I start to get paid to write on a wiki or a blog (which I do not see in my future), I feel no dire need. Right now, that is. Do I want to learn how to make them? Absolutely.

Roger said...

Well you could say you have learned that you don't like to Blog or Wiki. Maybe you are the next break through on how people learn from the Web. Meaning that you know what you don't like therefore you can make something you do like that others like yourself grasp more efficiently.