Monday, November 17, 2008

Back To School

When I decided to go back to school, I didnt know where to start. I never enrolled for college after high school, just went into the world of construction. So the whole college thing is a new experience for me, and I am liking it so far. I got lucky with the instructors that I have. Each of them teach in a different way, some better than others, but I still manage to make sence of what each of them are trying to teach me. I never really thought about teachers and the way they teach, I never really cared enough to notice. But now that I am a little older than someone out of high school, and have a family that depends on me, I want to make sure that I understand the teaching method of some of the instructors.

I think of myself as a fast learner, as long as I am learning "hands on". If you tell me that something needs to be done in a certin order, your best bet is to show me how, and then let me do the steps in order while you watch and instruct me. I think that comes form the jobs I have had in the construction field. Almost all of the learning is "hands on" in construction.

2 comments:

proudmommaof2 said...

coming from a family of almost all construction workers I definatly understand the hands on aspect of your post. I too learn better when things are done in front of me and with things that I can do first hand. We all have different ways of learning none of which are wrong or right, just different from others around us. Good luck with your future endeavors!

b-rent said...

i deffinately agree with both of you... that is why this program is so great... it seems that all of the teachers are wanting and willing get hands on and do everything within there power to help you achieve you best... that is the best "tool" that we have.