Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Unexperienced in Distant Education

I haven't yet taken a course online. Why? It hasn't worked with my schedule yet. I do plan to possibly take a few online course for the winter quarter. My mother is almost finished with her Bachelors in Health Care Administration that is offered online with Franklin University. I asked her what the online courses are like and she stated that there are pros and cons. Some of the cons include: a few professors that do not know how to work the interface effectively, students don't show up who are assigned to group project meetings, and lack of understanding for many of the students. The main pro to online classes is that you can enjoy it from the comfort of one's home and it fits in with a full-time working schedule.
I know that the online courses take a lot of discipline but I think I can manage that just fine. I'm always on my laptop anyway. Also, I would save a good bit of money in traveling expenses as I have a 45 minute drive from home to school. Also, if there are people at school that are sick one need not worry about catching a cold or flu. Once winter reaches us the threat of driving on dangerous roads no longer becomes a factor. The only problem I see with distant education is if my internet goes out. Lets just hope that doesn't happen for an extended amount of time!

1 comment:

b-rent said...

This is my first quarer with online classes and i have already had good and bad experiences. This class is awsome, I haven't had any troubles with it at all. Maybe it's because i understand it. My marketing class on the other hand was a trainwreck waiting to happen. All the teacher did was tell us what to read in the text book and quiz us on it. I felt lost the first day and never recovered. luckily i dropped it and was able to pick it up in the classroom.I feel like the face to face contact has helped me tremendously in that sircumstance but this class i feel like i am learning more having to research everything on my own with a little guidance.