Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Forget

I graduated 12 years ago, and always wanted to go back to school. Just never had the time or the money to do so, with 3 boys and working in construction. But that all changed, the company we were subcontracting from was going through a slow spell. I thought that this is my chance to do it, to go back to school. With help from H&R Block who submitted my information for different types of grants, I get to go back to school for almost nothing.

When I took the placement test, man did I forget a lot. I had the chance to retake the sections that I was close to testing out of, but I chose not to. Yea that puts me a little behind, but now that I am passing the 2 courses that I chose not to test out of with A's, and more importantly understanding and remembering the material taught, it was well worth it.

2 comments:

Zachariah E Biggs said...

I am very much in a similar situation. I graduated about 12 years ago as well and finally convinced myself to re-enter the world of learning. When I took my placement test I was surprised to see how much I had retained from so many years ago without even realizing it. I too tested just above some of the subjects but decided to retake the courses just as a refresher. A lot has changed in our world since 1996, but one thing hasn't, and that's the importance of an education. It could be argued that an education is even more important today because of all the changes.

proudmommaof2 said...

Even if it does take extra time to get through those classes you are better off taking them insted of testing out. I know several people who opted to test out and wish that they would have just took the classes because they ended up needing the review.