Tuesday, December 2, 2008

technology & my education

How has technology changed education for me?? Well, its made things a lot easier, and way more convenient. I don't have to worry about finding a sitter for my kids while I am in class, I don't have to miss out on the opportunity to work full time because of scheduling conflicts. Because of the advancement of technology I am able to attend most of my college courses through the comfort of my own home, without the extra worries I had before. I love that part, and every aspect of the always changing never boring life of technology!

How could technology make learning easier or better? I think that being able to jump online and find just about anything that I could ever need for a class or just because in general has became far more easy. Personally I think that technology has made learning better for me because I can take my time, follow at a pace right for me when getting the lectures and other task that normally in class I could not keep up with. At home I can play, replay, and pause the lectures as many times as I need to until I fully understand what is being discussed where as before in class it was a hit or miss when it came to the lecture and material covered in the classes. I am truly thankful for the advancements of technology and for being fortunate enough to attend college classes at home with this advancement there to assist me.

2 comments:

Zachariah E Biggs said...

I like that you pointed out playing and replaying the lectures. I've had to do that quite often, it's very convenient. I'm a person that is easily distracted either by outside sources or by a wandering mind and often in a classroom setting I'll miss something an instructor says and I can't rewind that!

The convenience of being able to take classes online is also a huge thing for me. I simply couldn't be in school if I couldn't take so much online. Thanks for your interesting post.

-Zack

b-rent said...

I think that we are really on to something here, talking about online learning. It has so many advantages over classroom learning and on top of that, I actually find myself learning more than the "required" cariculum.

Even though I am not in the same situation as most people taking online classes, having families to support and/or schedule conflicts, I am going to continue taking them because of how much more I really learned. If only all of them could be like this class...