Monday, December 8, 2008

Online Experience

Online learning has opened a whole other option to learning for me when it comes to my education. I really enjoy learning online and it gives me a chance to learn content without relying on notes or memory. I can watch my lectures 6 times over if I need to or pause the lecture to cross reference the material being discussed. I can't even begin to describe how valuable it is to me to be able to control my lessons. Discipline plays a huge part of online learning for me as well, staying on task sometimes tries to become a problem especially when I am looking up material discussed and it sends me into other directions that are just as interesting. Or just keeping all my assignments in track, especially when taking 4 other classes online, things get a little muddled up every so often. The Experience of online learning is a nice break from traditional classroom experience, and to keep it simple I like the control I have over it. Although what I am learning and how it is presented is the biggest part of the experience. Business classes online are dreadfully boring where as E-life and DigiFun gave me something to look forward to. The E-life experience was by far the best one, it gave me a sense of enlightenment. It sparked my curiosity and had my mind reeling for days about all the stuff I knew was out there but never really paid attention to. I was amazed mostly by the anthropology parts of it and the philosophical aspects involved with this class. There isn't one single thing that sticks out that made me think "I wish I could change that." That might seem like a cop out but I really like online learning.

No comments: