Saturday, November 7, 2009

Forums and Me

Forums have changed my life completely. I am a huge gaming nerd and frequent quite a few forums concerning the various games that I play. Through these forums, I have developed quite a few friendships from all parts of the world.

Forums are a really great source of information, where many people get involved in what is happening with that particular subject. Everyone involved has their own particular point of view and perception about what is happening. This gives me the opportunity to read through the posts and form my own opinion.

From a gamers perspective, forums are intuitive when you are having trouble with a certain part of the game. I visit http://www.wowhead.com/ a lot while I am trying to do a quest. I open the web page, type in the name of the quest that is giving me trouble, and I can find out how others have done it.

I have also experienced that while some people may not be honest in their own game play, forums give everyone else the opportunity to warn others about that person.

1 comment:

Susan Houser said...

I didn’t really start using forums until I took Web II. During that class, there were several times that I had issues with my HTML code or with incorporating a gallery, and I ended up posting my questions to different forums.

It was a new experience for me. I was used to getting help through email or in-person from people I knew, and here I was posting to a forum where GamerDude, a complete stranger, was giving me advice for coding and testing my gallery. The information I gleaned was useful, and I really appreciated that someone with more expertise was willing to take the time to help me.

Since then, I have continued to use forums and they are often a great resource for finding solutions to problems I am having with my projects.