Saturday, November 21, 2009

Evolving Web has been the most advanced class that I have taken online using newer technologies. The use of the video lectures has been extremely beneficial because of how vivid the points being expressed are communicated. I can see how using podcasts would be beneficial; I could take the lectures from class with me and watch them on my own time and not be tied to my computer screen. I would like to see this be used more often for lectures and maybe assignments like 'guided notes'. This class has been the most advanced in using Web 2.0 technologies for teaching purposes. I can see how much easier learning would be if other classes were to implement the technology Evolving Web already uses.

Most of my Web 2.0 knowledge has been derived solely from this class. Otherwise, I have only heard of some of the available technologies. I have used Wikis for information and used social networking before, but never blogged, watched podcasts, edited or contributed to a Wiki, etc. Having this kind of information at my disposal and learning how the technology of Web 2.0 improves communication has opened my eyes to a lot of new possibilities. I like the idea of Wikis but I think it is hard when a bunch of designers are running the page because it seems like people focus on the cosmetics rather than the content, but I see where they can be beneficial. I think the blog has been a nice tool for reflecting on what we have learned and reiterate the knowledge we have gained. Likewise, responding to others blogs allows us to use our knowledge for discussion and aids comprehension. If other classes were able to implement the tools Evolving Web has (at the minimum) I feel that online classes will be more educational and interesting, with the ability to take learning to a new level.

No comments: